Ben Wilson | Culinary CV
An inventive and intuitive cook with experience in running small kitchens, large events and creating original yet balanced menus. Flavour and presentation obsessed, I can match bold and exciting flavours with striking and colourful presentation. Served alongside an attention to detail, good organisation and an inclusive approach to kitchen management… Feel free to check out some examples of my work.
- Co-founder & head chef at OsNosh – Oswestry’s Community Kitchen. Taking food waste and cooking it for those who need it.
Specific achievements: Successful execution of a large outdoor fundraiser – running a kitchen team of 4 to deliver a 3 course meal, utilising food-waste and donated local produce to 50+ covers, whilst also managing logistical tasks outside the kitchen.
- 3 years as chef and manager at Skibug’s flagship luxury chalet.
Specific achievements: the attaining of a 5 star rating on Trip Adviser with mention of the exceptional quality of the food and originality in the menu.
- Leading a small team producing canapes and light bites for Red Chutney film & location catering.
Specific achievements: running said team to cater for over 500 cast and crew on films such as Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Work – Current & Past:
C0-Founder, Co-Director & Head Chef at OsNosh | June 2018 – Current
- Catering specific roles include: all cooking, kitchen & team management, produce procurement, menu setting & budgeting.
- Other roles include: events management, logistics, web and marketing design & management, fundraising… And something new every day.
Guest chef at Fat Rabbit | June 2018 – Current
- Main roles: menu development & kitchen management. This is a single cook role, with no team to manage and a tiny kitchen. So personal kitchen management is essential
- Specific achievements: the running a successful spoken word and vegan buffet event, as a collaboration between Fat Rabbit and Edible Words.
Chalet Chef & Chalet Manager at Skibug | November 2013 – February 2018
- Chalet roles: cooking, menu, kitchen, chalet and staff management, guest organisation & front of house.
- Company roles: training, website creation, pre-season set up & other logistical roles.
- Chalet Cookery School, subsidiary of Skibug | July 2017 – September 2017: Tutor – cookery skills, budgeting and food hygiene.
Caterer at Red Chutney Location Catering | April 2013 – July 2014
- Catering roles: devised and cooked canpes and light bights, also comi, KP and prep-chef roles in main kitchens.
- Other roles: logistics and driving (vehicles include long wheelbase and tail lift vehicles).
Private Chef | September 2014 – Current
- Roles include: speaking with client to devise menu, produce procurement (including foraging); wine, beer & spirit paring, setting decor and front of house roles.
- Specific achievements: creating menu for shoot syndicate based solely on foraged and shot foods.
Other relevant interests & work
- The organisation, running and promotion of 2 separate spoken word events Oswestry.
- Freelance web developer – creating quick build WordPress websites.
- Keen forager and wild camper.
- Part of project management team for new refurbishment venture.