Here are a few easy and tasty idea for your breakfast.
I thought you might want to have the recipe for Lebneh, as it’s a perfect addition to some of these breakfast and that extra source of protein. If not, you can always just mix up some Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and few herbs when you’re doing your prep of a Sunday. It’ll last the week. – https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/greek-yogurt-labneh-51134560
Garnish is extra fresh flavour. Go the extra mile, it makes all the difference.
Some I’ll give you some options for things that may take more time n- you can either do them of a weekend, or ignore them. See how it goes.
- Mix taken from tagine (see tagine recipe)
- Lebneh/yogurt mix
- Heat sauce on high heat for 2 mins, stirring.
- Crack in as many eggs as you like. More eggs = more time.
- Place in bowl or on plate, scoop on Lebneh or yog mix, sprinkle wit above garnishes.
Spiced beet rosti/crisps, wilted spinach and poached (or fried) egg.
- l large Beetroot – fresh, peeled. Grated in food processor, by hand. If can’t be arsed, just cut finely into crisp-type things
- l large carrot Carrots – fresh, peeled. Grated in food processor, by hand. If can’t be arsed, just cut fineley into crisp-type things
- 2 Eggs
- 2 large handfuls of Spinach
- 50g Butter
- scoop of Lebneh/yog mix
- desert spoon of Cumin seeds
- Teaspoon of Fennel seeds
- Teaspoon of turmeric
- slat and pepper
- Lebneh/yogurt mix
- Either grate beet and carrot in food processor, by hand or slice. If grated, strain as much liquid by hand or through kitchen paper. After doing so, mix with spices in a bowl and season. form into patties. If sliced, don’t.
- Heat 30g of butter in pan. When melted, put in patties. If just cut, put them in with the above mentioned spices. At same time heat water in pan to poach eggs.
- Heat oven to 100c
- When veg browned off, after about 3-4 mins put in oven to hold. Start to poach/fry eggs.
- Keep residue from cooking veg. Add in rest of butter and melt. Throw in spinach and season. Mix around and wilt
- Serve with garnish and scoop of lebneh.
- Chorizo (or tablespoon of smoked paprika, if wanting to be veggie). Chopped.
- 1 Lime
- 1 red chilli chopped.
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- 1 bottle of pasata
- Bunch of coriander. Chopped, keep stalks.
- 1 can/packet of pre-cooked black beans (best), or pinto, or black-eye, or kidney.
- Cheese. Preferably Manchago, but cheddar or other hard cheese would do. Grated. As much as you fancy.
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs together, season and put to one side. Turn on grill nice and high.
- Fry off chorizo, onions, chilli (keep some for garnish), garlic, stalks, beans. Add a 2 tablespoons of pasata. Cook for 5 mins. Season and add lime juice + half the chopped coriander. Put to one side.
- Make omelette. When flat, add above mixture and fold over to form half moon. Cover in rest of pasata and add cheese to the top. Put under grill for 1/2 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and chilli.